Saturday, November 4, 2017

Ancient Bristlecone Night

October 20th, 2016 I took a trip from Mammoth Lakes, California down to the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest.




Owens Valley


The northernmost section of the Inyo Mountains.

Klondike Lake in the Owens Valley.

Looking north up the Owens Valley from Klondike Lake.

I got stuck in deep sand while here. It took me over an hour to dig myself out with my cat-hole trowel. 

Black Mountain and the southern portion of the White Mountains.

Quack

Owens Valley Radio Observatory
The Eastern Sierra near Big Pine, California.
Bishop, California with Mount Tom presiding.
Two dancing bristlecones. The ancient bristlecone can live to be over 5000 years old. They're the oldest living things on the planet.
I stuck a flashlight in soda cup to cast some subtle light on this tree.
On my way back to Mammoth I stopped by Convict Lake for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iva Bell Slideshow

Here's a slideshow of my latest backpacking adventure: https://vimeo.com/268469995