Monday, November 6, 2017

Trillium Lake night and Bald Butte wildflowers, June 8th and 9th, 2014

Just me and the ducks waiting on sunset.

Fuzzy ducks because it took me awhile to adjust my shutter and ISO.

They didn't seem too scared of me.

I like the patterns here.

My shutter speed finally caught up to my subject.

I got treated to a bald eagle cruising around the lake. It was fishing and it stayed around the lake the whole time I was there.

It's easy to see the groomed portion of the mountain. Mt. Hood is the only ski area in the lower 48 to stay open year round.

The shadows are getting long.

Mt. Hood during a rather bland sunset.

Trillium Lake is a popular photography destination for a reason.

The rare self portrait. The hour after sunset is called 'the blue hour' and it's easy to see why.

Mt. Hood close-up, sort of.

If you think about it hard enough, can you smell the smoke from this campfire?

I caught the International Space Station whizzing by.

Mount Hood night

After doing some night photography at Trillium Lake I headed on to Bald Butte to camp and await sunrise.

It was a very windy night and I cowboy camped (without tent) near Bald Butte under some crackling high voltage power lines.

The pink/blue line is the earths shadow.

I found wildflowers in abundance but the wind was atrocious.

Windy mornings are good for abstract photography, I guess.

The first pink rays paint Mt. Hood.

I believe that's arrow leafed balsam root, lupine and indian paintbrush. I'm not sure what the white ones are.

Hood River Valley

I've said it once, I'll say it again; It's impossible to not be happy standing in a field of wildflowers.

Digging the backlighting here.

I never ran out of compositions.

Early June seemed to be the best time to be here for wildflowers in 2014.

Just another Cascadian volcano.

The Gorge still has come clouds.

I was looking forward to the sun hitting me, that wind was cold.

I like this one.

I like photographing roads.

A bee's dream.

Some nice columbine. 

Mount St. Helens on the left and Mount Adams on the right.

Mount Adams from Hood River Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iva Bell Slideshow

Here's a slideshow of my latest backpacking adventure: https://vimeo.com/268469995